The ST-400 is a true UHV continuous flow cryostat from Janis Research Company Inc.
It is fully compatible with UHV Design’s ‘XY31-‘ series of XYZ MultiStage manipulators, which when combined, provide +/-19.8 mm of X/Y motion (+/- 28 mm vectorial motion), up to 1 m of Z motion and 4.2 K base temperatures. Their combined use provides an economical solution to liquid helium cooling requirements.
Each MultiStage / cryostat is built to order so that the cold finger length and confl at-style vacuum flange may be sized to fit the user’s chamber.
Features for UHV include:
• Bakeable to 200°C.
• Sample temperatures from 4.2 to 475 K standard, or > 700 K optional.
• Heater and temperature sensor in the cryostat helium space (not exposed to UHV environment).
• Electropolished stainless steel construction.
• Gold plated copper radiation shield and sample mount.
• UHV-compatible electrical feedthroughs for user wiring.
• Low cryogen usage @ 0.5 L/hr.
• Initial cool down time <15 mins.