UHV Design is looking for an energetic, professional and communicative buyer with a driven approach to work to join our friendly, hard working team in our Laughton facility here in the Sussex countryside. The work involves the sourcing and management of purchased parts from both third-party suppliers and subcontract manufacturers, working alone or alongside other members of the buying team on designated projects to meet the needs of the business. UHV Design primarily makes high precision assemblies for use in scientific applications, and so an understanding of technical drawings and experience working with metalwork and precision parts suppliers is desireable.
The buyer is a key role between engineering, sales and manufacturing, with this in mind communications must be clear and concise and enable the business to operate as a team to supply high quality products at competitive prices within the shortest possible time.
Additionally, and equally as important, the buyer must also forge good working relationships with both suppliers and subcontractors, and feedback on quality or delivery performance again must be clear and concise to feed into UHV’s ISO9001 risk management requirements, with any potential issues highlighted to enable either corrective action where possible or the customer to be made aware of the impact.
Skills and attributes:
· 2+ Years in a buying / procurement role.
· Experience in using and working with an ERP / MRP system.
· Experience in engineering / technical buying is an advantage.
· Experience in reading and understanding technical drawings.
· Fluent in MS Office (Word and Excel in particular).
· Knowledge of supplier evaluation / approval / auditing an advantage.
· Good communicator with a high standard of written English.
· Proactive, organised and calm under pressure.
· CIPS qualification an advantage.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £30,000.00-£34,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.