CNC Turner Setter/Operator - Evening shift
Full-Time CNC Machinist (Turning)
Late Shift (3pm-11:30pm Mon-Thu.. 1:30pm-6:30pm Fri)(+20% shift allowance)
UHV Design is a world leading supplier of ultra-high vacuum heating and manipulation products. The precision instruments we design and manufacture use components which are produced from a variety of metals in our in-house machine shop. This is a well equipped and modern environment where an enthusiastic and highly skilled team of machinists work closely with design and production engineering departments to achieve the high tolerances and efficiency required for these applications.
This is an opportunity to join our team in the CNC turning area. The successful candidate will be a skilled, driven and communicative machinist, fluent in CNC manufacturing, understanding and translating engineering drawings into components and machining best practice, preferably with both traditional and refractory metals (although most of what we manufacture is from stainless and aluminium).
You will also be expected to both understand and drive quality improvements and be a champion of our ‘right first time’ mindset, an understanding of both quality procedures and measurement tools and techniques as well as the ability to suggest and accept improvements is a must.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks:
· Manufacturing complex components accurately to controlled drawings, interacting with our ERP system to see what work is scheduled and plan accordingly.
· Working with our planning and production engineering department to update machining and setting times within the ERP system.
· Where no program exists, the creation of programs, tool lists and setting sheets on various machine tools using the Fanuc control in the CNC turning section.
· Communicating with our offline programming team to feedback updates and improvements to programs created by the team within solidcam.
· Identify requirements for jigs, fixtures and additional tooling to aid efficient manufacture of components.
· Perform TPM and other maintenance tasks within the workshop, record and upload documents to the quality management system where required.
· Developing and improving processes and procedures ensuring efficient and effective manufacture of our products, including the creation of SOP’s and shop floor documentation to support manufacturing processes.
· Take an active role in continuous improvement activities, identifying areas and processes which are inefficient and taking part in projects to improve efficiency and reduce waste.
Essential skills and Qualifications:
· A minimum of 3 years CNC Turning experience.
· Experience with Fanuc controls and the Fanuc CNC programming environment is essential.
· A knowledge of quality processes and various metrology and measuring equipment is vital, along with the ability to use the equipment to accurately measure critical dimensions and tolerances.
· Experience with Doosan CNC lathes / 5 axis machining would be an advantage.
· LEAN / 6sigma experience would be an advantage (Green / yellow belt particularly) but training can be given to the right candidate.
In return (and in addition to the salary) we offer 25 days holiday, a competitive company pension scheme, a company share scheme and a fantastic, friendly working environment here in our purpose built facility on the edge of the south downs.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £28,000.00-£33,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Monday to Friday
We have a number of CV19 measures in place and these will be communicated to successful applicants before interviews take place.
Work Location: In person
For more information or to apply for this position please email us at email@example.com