Production and Quality engineer (QPM)
Would you like the opportunity to work in a new and challenging role that combines manufacturing, production and quality engineering responsibilities? if so, then we are currently recruiting for a QPM engineer to be based at our site in Laughton near Lewes in East Sussex and we would like you to apply.
You will be a strong self-starter, process driven with a good understanding of manufacturing and a passion for continuous improvement, an effective communicator you will be able to forge strong working relationships at all levels of the business in order to constructively influence design decisions whilst working closely with suppliers and in house manufacturing departments to drive manufacturing and quality improvements. You'll be positive, driven, proactive and have a mind-set to challenge the status quo and explore opportunities in all areas of the manufacturing process. This is a key role that will suit those with an interest in quality and production engineering within a challenging precision manufacturing environment. more importantly, we seek individuals with the right behaviours, outlook, drive and willingness to learn and adapt as we provide personal development and training opportunities to complement the role.
Your main responsibilities as a QPM engineer will involve:
- Taking ownership of the resolution of quality issues through the structured application of problem solving and root cause analysis techniques
- Liaising with both Purchasing and Manufacturing departments to ensure analysis and feedback is translated into corrective actions.
- Developing and improving processes and procedures ensuring efficient and effective manufacture of our products, including the management of build and test instructions for the shop floor and the migration of these into our ERP system.
- leading continuous improvement initiatives within projects and across operations to support the business strategic objectives with a focus on waste reduction and quality improvement.
- Supporting regulatory / financial audits and assist the operations manager in the development and upkeep of the QMS to ensure compliance with ISO9001.
- Ensuring that routing of assemblies and sub-assemblies is correct and liaise with engineering and production to identify the requirement for jigs, fixtures or tooling if needed.
- Communicating with Engineering departments to give feedback on initial builds and suggest design changes to ensure DFM is considered.
- Being an assertive, communicative, proactive self-starter! This is a new role and is yours to develop. We will support and provide training to ensure you succeed.
Experience / Qualifications required:
- Minimum HNC / HND or equivalent in a mechanical, engineering or manufacturing discipline.
- A strong Manufacturing / Production engineering background including dealing with low volume, high value complex components and mechanical or electro mechanical assemblies.
- An understanding of inspection processes such as first article inspection and the use of measurement equipment such as gauges, vernier, trimos etc
- Experience raising and processing ECR’s, NCR’s and managing quality documentation.
- A good understanding of quality management methods and ISO9001 requirements.
- Experience using an MRP / ERP system and working in a process led manufacturing environment.
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings fluently and to recognise where data is conflicted or incorrect.
- Experience with non-conformance analysis including identification of root cause using standard tools and suggestions / implementation of corrective actions.
- A good understanding of LEAN / 6 Sigma and CI tools and techniques (5s, PDCA, DMAIC, Poka-Yoke, Continuous flow, Kaizen etc)
Hours: 7:30-4:30 Monday to Thursday, 7:30-1:30 Friday. (40hrs p/wk)
Salary: Competitive, dependant on experience.
Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, 25 days holiday and a company contributed share scheme on successful completion of the probationary period. We are also lucky enough to be based in a purpose-built manufacturing facility just outside Lewes and surrounded by the south downs, with that in mind a driving licence and own transport is necessary.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Send your C.V. and covering letter to our Operations Manager, Tom Yates via email: email@example.com
UHV Design is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community who are currently under-represented in engineering including women and applicants with disabilities.