The Storeperson role at UHV Design demands an energetic, communicative, methodical, and organised person with a driven approach to work. The work involves the day to day work within the stores department and the supporting of the senior Storeperson.
The Storeperson is a key role at the centre of our business. Primarily focused on utilising our ERP system and receiving, storing, picking, and despatching materials for the whole company. It requires attention to detail and the timely picking of orders for both assembly and subcontract operations whilst maintaining internal on time delivery to other sections within UHVD. Alongside the physical stores functions the role is a central point of communication for all operations departments. This position is additionally responsible for the physical inventory and partakes in perpetual inventory cycle counts and other stock management tasks on a regular basis assisting the production planner in this process. Additionally, the Storeperson is expected to become a key team member during process improvements within the department, these will include LEAN activities and so an understanding of LEAN principles is essential to the role.
Required Experience / Qualifications:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a related role (Storeperson, warehouse operative, picker etc).
- Experience using an ERP / MRP system.
- A good level of written & spoken English is essential.
- An understanding of LEAN principles would be an advantage.
- A current forklift licence would also be an advantage although you would only be expected to use it very infrequently.
Tasks will include:
- Ensuring good housekeeping & transactional control so that stock levels and requirements are accurate, and demand is raised in time to fulfil orders.
- Use the ERP system to correctly locate, adjust, receive, and issue stock.
- Ensure all transactions follow the UHVD guidelines and procedures, highlighting to the senior Storeperson or relevant department where they fall short.
- Undertake picking, kitting, cleaning, shipping, booking-in and other stores activities as directed by the senior Storeperson.
- Supply replacement parts, Kanban items and other assembly or machine shop requirements in a timely fashion.
- Ensure part receipt info and goods in are received and processed correctly.
- Kitting works orders in a timely fashion and alerting the senior storeperson and other appropriate staff to any shortfalls or issues with parts required.
- Ensuring customer returns are processed correctly and stored with their appropriate paperwork.
- Take responsibility for all items held in stock and make suggestions for changes that would improve both inventory levels and the physical safe storage of items within the stores dept.
- Ensuring all MRP activities, including the creation of dispatch documents, works orders, subcontract orders and invoices are completed accurately and on time.
- Assisting in the UHV cleaning department when required.
- Identifying and reducing waste and non-value-added activities within the department.
- To carry out additional duties as may be required by the company.
The Job is located at our site in Laughton, surrounded by the Sussex countryside, therefore you will need a driving licence and your own transport.
The hours for this role are 7:30-4:30 Mon-Thurs and 7:30-1:30 Fri
We operate a company share scheme and pension scheme for successful applicants along with 25 days holiday and a positive, supportive working environment.
Your first interview will be a virtual one via Teams / Skype and so you must have access to a suitable device with audio / video capability.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000.00-£23,000.00 per year
• Day shift
COVID-19 considerations: All staff are required to wear masks when moving around the business, we have also implemented increased hygiene guidelines with additional sanitising stations / screens etc and all staff in the business who are able to work from home are doing so.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV by email to email@example.com.