Pneumatically Actuated Linear Translator (PAT)
No need to use bellows in beamline applications
The magnetically-coupled, Pneumatically Actuated Linear Translator (PAT) drive is specifically designed to eliminate the need for bellows in beamline applications, e.g. positioning diagnostics.
Available in strokes up to 100mm and actuated using a side-mounted rodless pneumatic cylinder, the design incorporates two constant force springs. This ensures fail-safe operation in the event of loss of electrical power or air supply.
Utilising UHV Design’s magnetic coupling technology, the PAT drive has a linear breakaway thrust of 90 N and a linear speed of up to 50mm/s.
- Magnetically-coupled bellows free operation
- Up to 100mm linear travel
- Linear breakaway thrust: 90 N
- Linear speed: 50mm / second
- Fail-safe design in the event of loss of electrical power or air supply
- Cern beamline applicationsPDF (194kb)
If you would like to discuss your project with our engineering team, please contact us.