Magnetically-coupled triple axis transfer arm
Linear and rotary motion with a unique sample gripping mechanism
The magnetically-coupled triple axis transfer arm has a unique grip, allowing samples to be locked onto and off the probe. What’s more, it allows for both linear and rotary motion of a sample - achievable via a single actuator. This has a stroke length from 304mm to 1219mm.
- Independent linear & rotary motion with unique sample gripping system
- End-effectors for flag and puck systems
- Unrivalled 140N axial coupling strength
- Exceptional axial stiffness
- No backlash under low load
- Bakeable to 250°C without removing any components
How it works
The unique lock/unlock mechanism then activates an independent shaft to provide gripper activation. In addition to linear and rotary motion, the thimble incorporates a unique secondary linear motion that can be used to lock/unlock samples held by a gripping end-effector. Two standard end-effectors are offered to grip and safely transfer industry-standard surface analysis flag and puck sample holders.
Product configuration tool
If you would like to discuss your project with our engineering team, please contact us.