Linear transfer arm with rotating inner shaft
The DAPP & XDAPP range
Our DAPP & XDAPP range consists of high-performance magnetically coupled devices, designed for safe and efficient sample transfer. The products in this range combine linear motion (outer shaft) with independent rotary movement (inner shaft). They’re ideal for systems where a secondary motion is required to actuate an end-effector mechanism. With that in mind, this range includes end-effectors to transfer industry-standard flag and puck sample holders.
For demanding UHV applications, we recommend the XDAPP option with rolling metal & ceramic bearings. This facilitates smooth, low friction actuation with minimal outgassing.
- Linear only main shaft motion with independent inner shaft rotation
- Unrivalled 140 N axial coupling strength
- Bakeable to 250°C without having to remove the outer magnets
- Exceptional axial stiffness
- No backlash under low load
- DAPP technical datasheetPDF (287kb)
- XDAPP technical datasheetPDF (200kb)
- Sample transfer brochurePDF (5mb)
Product configuration tool
If you would like to discuss your project with our engineering team, please contact us.