Pneumatic Magnetically-coupled Linear Actuator
Our innovative PAT Drive
The magnetically-coupled Pneumatically Actuated Linear Translator (PAT) drive has been designed in collaboration with CERN. This is to eliminate the need to use bellows in beamline applications, e.g. positioning diagnostics.
Available in strokes up to 100mm and actuated using a side-mounted rodless pneumatic cylinder, the design incorporates two constant force springs. This ensures fail-safe operation in the event of loss of electrical power or air supply.
Utilising UHV Design’s magnetic coupling technology, the PAT drive has a linear breakaway thrust of 90 N and a linear speed of up to 50mm/s.
- Magnetically-coupled bellows free operation
- Up to 100mm linear travel
- Linear breakaway thrust: 90 N
- Linear speed: 50mm / second
- Fail-safe design in the event of loss of electrical power or air supply
If you would like to discuss your project with our engineering team, please contact us.